• Browsing BloodFlix You can watch videos on BloodFlix without having a BloodFlix Account. You also can contact us by emailing us directly without having to register for an account.
• Your BloodFlix Account. For some activities on BloodFlix, like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching restricted videos, you need a BloodFlix Account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
• Usage Information. When you use BloodFlix, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the channels, groups and favorites you subscribe to, which other users you communicate with, the videos you watch, the frequency and size of data transfers, and information you display about yourself as well as information you click on in BloodFlix (including UI elements, settings). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your BloodFlix Account. In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a "web beacon") in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery.
• Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., video comments, your profile page) may be collected and used by others.
• If you submit personal information to BloodFlix, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of BloodFlix, and to process any flagging activity or other communication you send to us.
• We do not use your email address or other personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major BloodFlix changes or for customer service purposes).
Information That is Publicly Available
• When you create a BloodFlix Account, some information about your BloodFlix Account and your account activity will be provided to other users of BloodFlix. This may include the date you opened your BloodFlix Account, the date you last logged into your BloodFlix Account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of videos you have watched.
• Your BloodFlix Account name, not your email address, is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activities on BloodFlix, such as when you upload videos or send messages through BloodFlix. Other users can contact you by leaving a message or comment on the site.
• Any videos that you submit to BloodFlix may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by other BloodFlix users or the general public.
• You may also choose to add personal information which may include your name, gender, profile picture or other details, that will be visible to other users on your BloodFlix Account channel page. If you choose to add certain features to your BloodFlix Account channel page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with your friends or other users. Such shared activity may include your favorite videos, videos you rated and videos that you have uploaded.
• If you have a BloodFlix Account, you may update or correct your personal profile information, email preferences and privacy settings at any time by visiting your account profile page.
• You may control the information that is available to other users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your BloodFlix Account and the features that are included on your channel page. If you have enabled Active Sharing, other users may see that you, as identified by your account name, not your email address, are watching the same video.
• You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through BloodFlix, in which case you can still view videos and explore BloodFlix, but BloodFlix may not be able to provide certain services to you. Some advanced BloodFlix features may use other Google services like Google Checkout or AdSense. The privacy notices of those services govern the use of your personal information associated with them.
Advertising on BloodFlix
• BloodFlix strives to provide you with relevant and useful advertising. We may use a range of information including cookies, web beacons, IP addresses, usage data and other non-personal information about your computer or device (such as browser type and operating system) to provide you with relevant advertising. If you are logged into your BloodFlix Account, we may also show you advertising based on the information you have provided to us in your BloodFlix Account.